- Various lanes of northbound and southbound I-35E frontage roads between Marsalis and Ewing avenues will be closed during the day starting Monday, Sept. 24 through Saturday, Sept. 29 from 9 a.m to 4 p.m.
- Various lanes of northbound and southbound I-35E between Ann Arbor Avenue and US 67 will be closed will be closed nightly starting Monday, Sept. 24 through Saturday, Sept. 29 from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Various lanes of northbound and southbound I-35E between US 67 and Beckley Avenue will be closed nightly starting Monday, Sept. 24 through Saturday, Sept. 29 from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Both eastbound and westbound Clarendon Drive underpass at I-35E will be closed will be closed overnight starting 8 p.m. on Friday, Sept. 28 through 6 a.m. on Saturday, Sept. 29. Traffic will be detoured to Beckley Avenue, Illinois Avenue and Zang Boulevard. Click to View Map
NOTE: Southbound mainlane closures will begin at 11 p.m. on Friday and Saturday evenings to accommodate traffic coming from the State Fair of Texas (9/28 thru 10/21)
CONTINUAL CLOSURES & LANE CHANGES:
- The HOV Lanes along I-35E and U.S. 67 within project limits were closed as of March 30, 2018. This will last until end of the project in late 2021 and will re-open as reversible non-tolled managed express lanes, with new entrance and exit locations.
- Fleming Place under I-35E was closed permanently on Saturday, June 2. Click to View Map
- The existing southbound I-35E exit to Jefferson Boulevard was switched to be the temporary southbound I-35 exit to 8th Street. The change began Saturday, June 2. Drivers advised to pay attention to new signage for the new temporary 8th Street exit location. Click to View Map
- The 8th Street overpass at I-35E was closed long-term beginning Monday, June 4. The closure will last six months. Both Colorado Boulevard and 10th Street will be used as detours throughout the duration of the closure.
Click to View Map
- The Beckley Avenue overpass at I-35E was closed long term beginning Friday, July 20. The closure will last approximately 18 months. Beckley Avenue traffic will use Zang Boulevard, Clarendon Drive or 12th Street as detours throughout the closure duration. Click to View Map
- The southbound I-35E exit to Zang Boulevard exit has closed permanently as of July 2018. Drivers are able to use the Beckley or Illinois Avenue exits moving forward.
- Brooklyn Avenue was closed to thru traffic at Beckley Avenue
beginning Monday, Aug. 13, through Fall 2018. Click to View Map
- The entrance ramp from Kiest Boulevard to northbound I-35E is temporarily closed. Traffic will be detoured to use the Kiest Boulevard entrance ramp to US 67 to access I-35E. Click to View Map
- Saner Avenue NB I-35E Exit Ramp Change: The decision point to exit will be relocated near the Kiest Boulevard overpass at I-35E. Click to View Map
- All lanes of northbound and southbound Beckley Avenue have been closed to thru traffic between Yarmouth Street and Brooklyn Avenue beginning Monday, August 27. Traffic will detour via Clarendon Avenue.
- The Saner northbound entrance to I-35E has been closed permanently beginning Wednesday, Sept. 5. There are other entrance ramps to I-35E available at Illinois Avenue and Kiest Boulevard.
Closures are subject to change due to weather
or other unforeseen circumstances.