- Various lanes of northbound and southbound I-35E between Ewing Avenue and 8th Street will be closed from 9 p.m. Friday, Jan. 18 through 5 a.m. Saturday, January 19.
- Long-Term Closure: Both eastbound and westbound 10th Street at I-35E will be closed beginning Wednesday, Dec. 19. Traffic will use 8th Street and Ewing Avenue as detours throughout the duration of the closure. Click to View Map.
CONTINUAL CLOSURES & LANE CHANGES:
- The HOV Lanes along I-35E and U.S. 67 within project limits were closed as of March 30, 2018. This will last until end of the project in late 2021 and will re-open as reversible non-tolled managed express lanes, with new entrance and exit locations.
- Fleming Place under I-35E was closed permanently on Saturday, June 2. Click to View Map
- The existing southbound I-35E exit to Jefferson Boulevard was switched to be the temporary southbound I-35 exit to 8th Street. The change began Saturday, June 2. Drivers advised to pay attention to new signage for the new temporary 8th Street exit location. Click to View Map
- The Beckley Avenue overpass at I-35E was closed long term beginning Friday, July 20. The closure will last approximately 18 months. Beckley Avenue traffic will use Zang Boulevard, Clarendon Drive or 12th Street as detours throughout the closure duration. Click to View Map
- The southbound I-35E exit to Zang Boulevard exit has closed permanently as of July 2018. Drivers are able to use the Beckley or Illinois Avenue exits moving forward.
- The entrance ramp from Kiest Boulevard to northbound I-35E is temporarily closed. Traffic will be detoured to use the Kiest Boulevard entrance ramp to US 67 to access I-35E. Click to View Map
- Saner Avenue NB I-35E Exit Ramp Change: The decision point to exit will be relocated near the Kiest Boulevard overpass at I-35E. Click to View Map
- All lanes of northbound and southbound Beckley Avenue have been closed to thru traffic between Yarmouth Street and Brooklyn Avenue beginning Monday, August 27. Traffic will detour via Clarendon Avenue.
- The Saner northbound entrance to I-35E has been closed permanently beginning Wednesday, Sept. 5. There are other entrance ramps to I-35E available at Illinois Avenue and Kiest Boulevard.
- Temporary Lane Reduction: Starting Wednesday evening, Oct. 3, 2018, the northbound and southbound lanes of Marsalis Avenue at I-35E were reduced long-term to accommodate bridge construction. For more details on the new lane configuration at the Marsalis overpass bridge, view map. Click to View Map
- Temporary Lane Changes: Starting Monday, Nov. 26, 2018, the eastbound and westbound lanes of Illinois Avenue at I-35E were reduced to two thru lanes in each direction. This was to begin reconstruction of the Illinois Avenue overpass bridge. The new configuration will last until early 2020. Click to View Map
- Long Term Closure: The southbound US 67 frontage road between Saner Ave. and Kiest Blvd. will be closed beginning Monday, Dec. 19 at 9 a.m. weather permitting. Traffic will take westbound Saner Ave. to southbound Polk Street to westbound Kiest Blvd. as the detour throughout the duration of the closure. Click to View Map
- The 8th Street overpass at I-35E is now open to the public as of December 2018. The bridge was closed long-term in summer 2018 for full reconstruction and is now back open to the public.
- Ramp Switch: As of Wednesday, December 2018, the southbound I-35E exit to 8th Street has reverted back to its previous location, which is further south along I-35E, closer to 8th Street. The ramp location was shifted north in Summer 2018 as a temporary configuration, but is now back to its original placement. For more details: Click to View Map
Closures are subject to change due to weather
or other unforeseen circumstances.